What is an ideal consumer? A ideal consumer has the following characteristics:
-A sense of fundamental unease at a whole host of subjects never adequately learned in school.
-Guilt at not being all one can be. You can do it, though, in the Army.
-A sense that one is not quite popular enough.
-A thirst for something to fill that hole that used to be one’s ego, one’s free will.
– Sexual shame.
– A clear sense that every aspect of your life is a competition.
What are the actions taken by a good consumer?
– Watches major network TV and looks forward to the new Fall line-up.
– Watches commercials carefully because ads pay for programming.
-Buys the latest car model.
-Buys a bigger house in a new development.
-Gets subscriptions to popular magazines.
– Eats at restaurants. Orders the special.
-Buys clothes through retail establishments.
-Drinks large quantities of alcohol.
-Smokes tobacco (or these days, Vapes chemical stews).
-Takes drugs – pot, cocaine, schrooms or one’s prescribed by a doctor.
– Sees a therapist to get over their drug and alcohol problems.
– Joins a large religious congregation.
– Joins a gym.
– Buys Apple technology products.
– Surfs the web.
– Uses social media.
– Orders pay per view.
– Goes to strip clubs.
– Travels abroad.
– Is jealous of neighbors, friends, family, celebrities, strangers.
– Shows no weakness to neighbors.
– Avoids intimacy at all costs.
The main point of being an ideal consumer is to support the economy.